Thursday, July 14, 2005

Ah, Alaska!

Today we slept in. We each had our worn beds and we feel great! Saije and I made the beds and the first thing I did is stand up in the loft and hit my head and get cooled! Saije couldn't help but laugh as she helped me. Lars cut wood and Trace helped stack it. Saije cleaned the Chalet and I did an overhaul on the main lodge. I'm not sure when the last women had cleaned theat kitchen! He has a deck hand named Cody King form Arizona. He is to help those that are fishing, fillet the fish, clean the boat clean the rooms, do the laundry, and cook the meals. That is where I come in. I picked up all the duties that have to do with the house. Lars met Cody and he asked if Lars would like to bring his family up to the Lodge and play for the guest there to have a free nights stay in the CHalet. Since we had dogs and with that 200 ft. bluff we told them that we would just play and drive back to camp. 8 dogs have fell off the bluff and 5 died and the other have permenant injuries. Toni would be the first one off, and we did give it a little thought. But we love her! After the Skipper met our family and listened to Lars play they wanted us there and not on the beach. The skipper asked if I would like a job and answer phones so I have been booking him like crazy and made him 4 grand in 2 days! I am the women! Or you can just call me "Mother Cherisa". So it has all worked out for as long as they need us to help out. We played spades, ate hotdogs and played music with a group that chartered the boat named CHarlie and Jim from Washington. We never stop meeting nice people!

No comments: