Sunday, October 02, 2005

A long night in the Larsen home

Saije stayed at a friends last night and came home early this morning with the flu. I had a heck of a mess to clean up from Lars and Traces Birthday. All night long Elyse was pucking all over the place. I walked in the bathroom and Elyse's knees buckled and she hit the floor and landed on her back with her head up against the door. When I ibent over to help her and the puke was coming out of her mouth like an easy flowing fountain and she was OUT! It scared the crap out of me. I started asking her if she could hear me and then she came out of it and was slipping around asking for the phone. When she found the phone it was too late to rescue it, YUCK! Crazy huh? What a night. I threw her in the shower and then put her to bed. So when I finally got out of bed, I was already to get back in. Lars did some chores out side and cleaned to Burbon. Then he took off to the silver hole. After doing 2 huge stacks of dishes and 6 loads of laundry I was ready to call it a weekend. Lars left around 4:30pm. and I expected him back at 8:00. Well he didn't make it home so I made some phone calls and checked if anyone saw him on their ride. They said no, but there was still at group of fifteen out and they said to be patient until 10:30. That was when they were expected back. Well 10:30 rolled around and they called and told me that they never saw him and they were the last group out there. I started to call everyone that rode today and asked if they saw him and all answers were no. I began to panic and took off with a neighbor to see if Lars was walking or maybe we could see some head lights and find him, no luck. After and hour we came back and I called 911. The police then went out with spot lights and no luck. My neighbors Ernie N., Paul D., Jason M., Esiha D. all went out on their 4 wheelers and combed the hills. Each time they covered and area they would report to the Police and the Police would call me. Each time, no luck. It was about 2:00 in the morning and I had to make a decision who to call first. I was very scared about calling and worrying everone and Lars turning up 15 min. later. So I called CJ, Lars' brother. We talked and agreed that I will keep in touch with him and let him contact his family when the time came. I had to keep the phone line open to keep up with the police and I only have one line. Each phone call came and no good news. The police said that they are waiting for the third group out to report. If it was the same then they had to make an official Search and Rescue and call in the Cost Gaurd and State Troopers. They wanted to get in the air by daylight so we had to call by 5:00 am. The call came and still no good news. So all the bike riders returned home for rest and Went back out at 7:00 am. (Dawn is about 8:15 am.) This time the groups went out in shifts to a certain area and called in after walking every square mile. At 9:30 I got the call! A man named Pat W. found my husband! They said that after talking with Lars they would give me a report on his condition. The next call was great! He had no injuries, but suffered through an extreamly cold night with no water and no dry clothing. They were bringing him HOME! All through the night our children and I worried. Lars' family worried. My family worried. Alot of prayers were being made and I had my neighbor Marlene Y. and her daughter Miranda Y. stay with us all night. It was the longest night of my life. As my swollen eyes watched my husband come up the drive I was truly convinced that he was alive. I never thought that this would ever happen to me. My husband has rode by himself for years, but never again. He made our family a promise to never ride alone again. As he slowly walked towards me and said, I am so glad to be home! I am going to write his side of the story tomorrow after he recooperates.

No comments: