Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The day after

Today Lars stayed home and recovered. I had the Dr. come over and take a look at him when he was safely at room temp. He showered and never stopped shaking. I tried to get some sleep and only ended up watching him sleep. When I finally did get some sleep he paced the floors. What an experience to live through. We are so glad that he did. The girls were so afraid that the bears had hurt Lars. I never told Trace what was going on. He had slept through all of it and only to wake to the tears of joy that he had returned home safely. Lars has spent many hours talking with his family. It is amazing what things bring us closer together. You just hope that you never forget. I went to work while Lars slept the day away and ate like crazy. He kept asking for sugar. He hates sugar and has since he was a small boy. It was hard going to school knowing that I will have to be reminded about the horrible incident again and again. But I had to do it some time. So many people were concerned. It is good to know that people care.

No comments: