Saturday, October 29, 2005

Carnival, Crab tails and Babysitting



Today is the Halloween Carnival. Elyse and Neisha are incharge of the sponge throwing booth and selling raffle tickest for the PSP player. Trace chickened out throwing the sponges at the principal. So I took upon myself to SOAK him pretty good! Saije is incharge of the dart throwing booth Trace threw 8 darts and hit 6 balloons! Man he needs to get a booth for knofe throwing! Yikes! While we were at the carnival Lars saw a crab boat come in and ran home, got on his rain gear and headed for the docks. When the crabs come in off the conveyer belts they crack the legs off and throw the rest into a huge pile. What you have left are crab tails! You clean 'em you get them for free! And that is alot of meat. He came home with 20 pds. of meat. Now you have to spray them and pull off any sick stuff hanging and throw them in a pot of boiling water for 20 min. then crack open the shell and theres the meat. Cool them or dip them in egg and canned milk then roll in flour and deep fry. I like them in garlic butter myself. I felt like I did when I cleaned the damn clams! It took four hours to clean the crab tails. Next time I'm only letting Lars bring home 10! And not in pds! We gave some away to the neighbors we had so many! I'd mail some home to Idaho and Utah if they had same day! After all that I ended up tending one of my Head Start kids. Cute kids and they play so good together. Saije also had a babysitting job. They had "Ducks Unlimited" in town. They auctioned off recliners, pictures, guns and alot more cool stuff.

No comments: