Tuesday, August 09, 2005

King Cove here we come!

Today is the day! WE woke up at 9:00 am, ate cereal, packed up camp and hooked up the trailer. WE strapped everything down real tight. Made the dogs extra comfy, then headed for Homer. They said that we didn't need to check in until 8:00 pm but we had a feeling that we shound check in asap. I was a good thing that we did. I found out when I booked the trip that we would need to find someone to get us off the ship in KIng Cove. But what I didn't know was that we needed someone to get us on the ship. Yes it cost extra and no we didn't want to pay it. 50.00 later we were on the ship. We also found out tha we can't use our propane stove on the top deck so there went our planned meals. WE will be eating apples, PB&J's, Turkey sand., and cold hot dogs unless there is a damn microwave on board! Oh and get this, you have to duct tape your tent to the boat so it dosen't blow out to sea! Well I didn't have duct tape so I was pretty p.o.ed. When out of the blue a gal named Robyn from Austrailia came by and offered her duct tape to me. She probably thought that I was ready to pull the Titanic move and jump off the ship! When that was all taken care of the ship still hadn't left. It was 11:30 and cars were still pulling on. Lars got sick while all of this was going on. Oh yea, Cherie got to back to 500 ft. trailer down a 50 yrd plank onto a elevator the size of the trailer!!!! After I photo finished the trailer, 2 men came up to me and said, "Nice Job, Where did you learn to drive like that? Hey do you mind driving that diesel on to the ship for us?" While that was being said a lady walked by on the dock and was yelling "YOU GO GIRL"! Well it did help my ego, but I was still stressed out to the max! Lars finnaly got out of the burban right before it was time to go to bed. Yes I already set the tent up and fed the kids. We have already met 3 families from King Cove. After all the excitment today wouldn't you know it, forgot there names. One was 14 and encouraged the girls that they would love it in King Cove. According to a family we will be living in a nice home down the street from them. They also invited us to go to church with them on Sunday. They must have seen Lars comming! The ship finnaly left at 12:00am. and bed night!

No comments: