Thursday, June 03, 2010

Hiking Herring Cove - Sitka,AK.







Wow! I have never hiked that many stairs in all my life put together! Whew! I am not sure if I have noodles for legs or none at all! It was amazing. The lakes, the cool rocks that form tunnels with trees growing out of them. Once you make it to the top 3 miles up, you can see forever!, and bigger mountains. Tons of flowers and ferns, Beautiful and not one Bear! (Knock on wood) Those are my friends guard dogs that are in the pictures Kia, Lance and Simon, they swam more that did any protecting. I wish Copper could have been there. He may not have made it up those flights of stairs, it was crazy. And if you noticed I didn't take any photos on the way up or down because I couln't steady the camera with all my heavy breathing! I definately want to hike that trail again, that is when I get a little better conditioned!

No comments: