Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sitka Farmers Market




Today Saije and I headed down to the Farmers Market. I remember the good 'ol days when Lars used to play at the Farmers Market there in Midway, UT. Good times...Good times. Anyhow, there were so many types of vegtables. I sampled what they call Sea Asparagus, it grows in the mud flats when the tide goes out. Delicious! You can cook it with olive oil, garlic, pecans, currents and agave syrup. Oh my gosh, I just love learning about the food that grows right outside our front door! Someday I will never have to go to the store again! Well.....unless I can figure out how to make my own toilet paper. (ewww, guess I could use some old sheets and just re-wash them, oh how my family will hate me after that change) Sorry about that! So, while Saije and I were a samplin', the band "Medicine for The People" showed up as the entertainment, yea! It was the Hope's birthday (the drummer) She asked Saije if she wanted to get up there and play the durms with them, so I got a pic of her jammin'. I swear she should have been born in the 60's! She one of my little flower children.

1 comment:

Applesauce Joce said...

Yeah Saije!!! That's awesome!