Friday, July 16, 2010

2010 Home Skillet Music Festival Sitka, AK




Saije graduates from Rural Alaska Honors Institute with 8 credits toward her first semester of College! On her way home from Fairbanks, AK. she stopped by to see her mommy. I purchased us a 3 day pass to the music festival to see about 20 bands, from the Blues to Hip Hop. We decided on a few favorites; Medicine for the People(Hawaii), Breathe Owl Breathe(Michigan), Jed Delong(Kotzebue), Mad Rad(Seattle) and Strummin' Dog(Sitka). The boy crowd surfing in the pic was the son of Phonetic's lead singer. He rapped a little and then jumped out in the crowd! I could totally see Trace doing that! A lot of these Garage Bands had some excellent songs......"It All Starts to Make Sense"and" I Wish I was Swimming". I hope that we hear from them in the future!

No comments: