Saturday, July 03, 2010

It's my party and I'll cry if I want too.....











Yup, once again it's my day to shine! We started out our day at the Fortress of The Bears.
Kilsum and Chieek (not sure of the spelling) are male bears 3 1/2 years old and were abandoned by their mother as young cubs. The fortress takes the abandoned bears in and gets them in good health, both physically and mentally. They do some training like...putting their paws on certain levels of rock to take a closer look at there paws & bodies to check for any injuries or infections from their playful fighting. They also train them to open their mouths and check for any dental or throat problems. The trainers call there names and have them climb up on the logs and wave, very cute!
After that we went to the Matinee and saw Eclipse. Lars and Trace liked the fighting but, Trace could have done without the romance. Next, we set off to the hardware store and bought a machete, in Ak. everyone that loves to hike needs one to clear the trail of Devils Club. (very mean stuff, although after boiled down is good for arthritis)
My gift from my sweetie was replacing my diamond on my wedding band with a Glacier Diamond, I can't wait to get it back next week! Trace picked out a chocolate cake with Grandmas Cake Batter Ice Cream. Yes....it tastes just like cake mix. It has frosting, sprinkles and cream cheese. Girls you have got to try it. It reminds me of how you would eat cake mix with water at Grandma Larsen's house! Love to you all!

No comments: