Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Day 2






We woke up in Las Vegas! I got to see my dads new pad. Very close to almost everything except his job, which is a 3 hour drive to the middle of no where! I got to sleep on the most comfortable hide-a-bed in the world. Charlene customized it with a nice feather bed mattress which put Trace and I in seventh heaven! I got to catch up on a few things, but my visit to Vegas was cut short because a beautiful young lady graduating in St. George, Ut. So my dad got us up and at 'em about 10 am and we hit the highway. I headed strait to see my amazing Grandma Brooks/Phillips first! She is 85 I believe and I haven't got to see her for 2 plus years. It was such a nice surprise to see her . She was worried about the way she looked when all I cared about was just SEEING HER! I held her and cried way too long! It was also my Aunt Joey's birthday so I not only got to see my Dad & Charlene, but my Aunt Suzie& Uncle Frank and her son's Greg & Corey and his beautiful family, Aunt Dawn and her son Richard, and Aunt Joey, Happy Birthday! It was a small but adequate family reunion! I got to visit them for a few hours a day until I left to northern Utah. My Dad and I didn't get much visiting time, he was too busy getting to places on time. Thank you Dad I love you, I promise the next visit will be longer! I also got a visit from my long lost daughter Saije Marie! She was brought down by her Grandma & Grandpa Larsen that she has been living with for the past year. First they picked up my daughter Neisha at the airport in Salt Lake, she flew out 2 days before I did. It even made the family reunion that more special. After visiting we headed over to the Big Graduation of Amanda, Andy's oldest daughter.
She looked so grown up and made it hard for me to stop crying. We got invited over to her Grad party and ate some awesome food her mother prepared and watched our children all frolic! Trace spent the night at Uncle Gordon's and Aunt Debbie's with Grandma and Grandpa Larsen. I got to go stay with my wonderful Sister Ann and her family. When I arrived at her house My younger sister Jackie and her family was there waiting. I tell ya, I have the best family ever! Jackie is going to have a baby in Sept. so she was very tired and needed to get home and get some rest. I stayed up visiting with my sister Ann and enjoyed all the memories that came flooding in. I miss your guts!

No comments: