Saturday, November 29, 2008

Red Bull Athletes Surf Sweet Waves in Yakutat, AK

The Red Bull Athletes and camera crew arrived by plane Monday November 24, 2008 to surf one of Alaska's well know swells. Surfer's from Australlia, Tahiti, New Zealand and Brazil hit the waves at Grave Yard Beach in Yakutat, AK. in 30 degree temperatures through the week. We were able to video a few shots of the surfer's catching sweet waves. My mom took Trace and I to the school one night to watch a slide show they put together. They included a bunch of cool shots from around the world. They would surf in the morning walk up to the fire, hang their wet suits to dry and a helicopter wound land on the beach, pick them and their snowboards up and go boarding for the afternoon then return in time to grab their surf boards and get back in the helicopter and jump out to catch the waves. Check out these recordings!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats sick!

Tonio said...

Hi Ms. Larsen,

I came across your blog and I'm glad I did because you are the only person I know on the internet blogging about life in King Cove. I'm actually considering moving up there after school to fill a vacancy as a dentist and was wondering if I could ask you some questions about housing and the town. Thanks.

Anthony Dicello

adice001@umaryland.edu

Anonymous said...

I'm diggin.... just seein that stokes me out to move back from tropical hawaii and actually score some cold water juice (swell)

aloha

Stephen