Monday, May 26, 2008

Fishin' out on Pat's skiff.



Dad got a phone call to go fishing for Halibut and asked if I could go also. So we took off in the skiff with life jackets, jerky, and bait. As we set out, it was a little freaky being in such a small boat out on the big beautiful body of water. As we came to Pat's fishing hole we prepped the poles with octopus. Lars and Pat dropped their poles and came up with Skulpen. Yuck! I put my pole in and came out with a Star Fish? I finally got a nice tug and pulled out a 35 pound Cod. I could barely get it in the boat for Lars to wack over the head. Did you know that the only part of the Cod that you eat is the tail? Who knew? I sure didn't! Next Lars and Pat pulled in the same, but Lars' was a 2 pounder and Pat's was about a 30 pounder. After bringing in a few more smaller ones we headed back in. We got our first sunburn of the summer, it felt good!

No comments: