Friday, September 29, 2006

July 4th and our Summer in KC





There are soooo many things going on in KC this month. Trace has been decorating his bike for the big parade. He won 2nd place! In the relays Trace won 1st in the bouy hop, 2nd in the baseball throw, but only because this huge gust of wind came up and blew it back towards him. Everyone yelled "He was robbed", but his best friend Harold won so it was all good. And he took 1st in the 30 yard dash. After the huge BBQ Lars and I were talked into the Tug-O-War and lost, but stayed dry because I let go. Then came the fishing derby and it was awesome to see the whole town fishing side by side around Rams Pond. Neisha's buddy Miranda took 2nd with a 10 1/2 inch. trout.
The girls spent the summer with Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents until August. Lars and I got summer jobs. I babysat two cute kids and worked at Gould's Grocery Store. Lars painted house's and delivered fuel for Newman Oil. We took a small break when my dad Bill came to KC with the girls on the Ferry. Lars and my Dad fished on Russell Creek and Mortensens over in Cold Bay which is a 2 1/2 hour boat ride from KC. They caught over 100 fish and met some wonderful people while there. The day they got off the Ferry Lars took my dad to the "Slilver Hole" and he brought home 30 fish. We spent the next 2 days, up til 3:00 am every morning, Brining, Smoking, and kippering fish. It was sooo awesome! We did it! It tastes soooo good! My dad said the guys at work are actually trying to bribe my dad with $ for the smoked fish he went home with. Dad also took some nice rides on the 4 wheeler and Trace was always trying to drive. ( Nicholi was on back of my dad and Trace, Oh and that is a Root Beer in his hand) My dad also got in on a great baseball game. I have been coaching Little League and we ended up with all ages and both boys and girls. I think dad and I almost had heart attacks! Those kids had a great time and we got together every Sunday for the summer. We also went on a tour of the local Peter Pan Cannery. We got to wear some awesome hairnets and paper jackets. The other 2 in the picture are the two children I tended for the summer, Kianna and Carter) I hope that you are back for some good reading this year! We Are Back!

No comments: