Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Fishing the Situk on a jet boat






Yea, today Lars, Trace and I got aboard a flat bottom, jet propelled river boat. It was so fast and scary that I almost wanted a seat belt! Trace and his classmate Emma road in the front as if it were a carnival ride. Her grandfather Bob, slid us up the Situk river with his eyes closed. We drove right over log jams and got into the most amazing places to fish. The guys were catching fish like crazy but not landing them. I was struggling with the technique of fly fishing without an indicator, but caught on and landed my first Sockeye, and then my second, and then my third. I limited out so I sat back and enjoyed watching the Lars and Muck bring in their limits. Nothing quite like watching a salmon jump 3 ft out of the water!

No comments: